Wednesday 2 January 2013

Avon Nailwear Pro+; "Berry Shimmer" & "Orchid Splash"; reviews + photos

I hope you all had a killer New Year!

© Tuesday T. Bryan Photography
DO NOT USE IMAGES WITHOUT PERMISSION. Copyrighted material
My first review of 2013 is of two nail polishes; Avon Nailwear Pro+ in "Berry Shimmer" & "Orchid Splash". I bought these shades a while back and I've been meaning to review them ever since...better late than never!

The images below show the polishes after one coat, and after two coats and a top coat. Click the images to see them in enlarged and in better quality; you will defiantly need to do this to see the opacity of the different shades!

Berry Shimmer;
I saw some photos of people sporting this shade and instantly wanted it. It's a dusky pink shade packed light-reflecting shimmer, resulting in a warm opalescent hue which I love. It's a beautiful colour for both day and night!
The consistency is quite thin; as I was applying the first coat I was worried that the colour would be spoiled by how translucent it was, but luckily it still became opaque after just two coats. This polish is fairly glossy anyway, but a clear top coat makes it look better still and really sets off that light-reflecting glitter.
The only thing that disappointed me with this product is how quickly it began to peel - I'd only had it on for two days when peeling began to show. I took it off on day three when the peeling got worse, but over those three days I did notice it didn't chip for me. So, good chip resistance and bad peeling resistance.
This isn't actually going to stop me wearing this colour as I usually change my nail polish every few days anyway, but the peeling will be really irritating for some!
© Tuesday T. Bryan Photography
DO NOT USE IMAGES WITHOUT PERMISSION. Copyrighted material
Orchid Splash; This shade is a glitter-free, super glossy, pastel lilac colour; it really reminds me of the summer time! It's very pretty and "girly". It's quite bright, but not too bright for those a little shy of "loud colours".
Like "Berry Shimmer" this polish has quite a thin consistency, but unlike "Berry Shimmer", this shade is still very slightly patchy after two coats. This doesn't really bother me as it's barely noticeable, but if you're a complete perfectionist you'll probably want to give it that extra coat. Again, this polish has a glossy finish, but a top coat makes it better still.
Moving onto the wear, there wasn't any sign of peeling for the four days I wore this shade, however I did notice some minor chips around the cuticles and tips, especially on the thinner areas of my nails. Still, this shade is much more hard-wearing than "Berry Shimmer", great for those long summer days!
© Tuesday T. Bryan Photography
DO NOT USE IMAGES WITHOUT PERMISSION. Copyrighted material
Avon Nailwear Pro+ is available for £6.00 from your Avon representative.

© Tuesday T. Bryan Photography
DO NOT USE IMAGES WITHOUT PERMISSION. Copyrighted material

By Tuesday T. Bryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recommended for you: